Monday 20 July 2015

Wobble time!





We all get them. I'm having one right now. I'm having a "wobble". 

(I'm not sure which of my friends invented this phrase, but it's one we like to use a lot!)


I'm ratty and I'm moody and I'm generally pissed off.

No matter how much positive thinking I do,  how much I meditate, how hard and I try and work law of attraction, no matter how many angels I call upon. I'm having a wobble. 

A fear based wobble. 

If I didn't know what I know now, I'd think there was something wrong with me. I'd think I'm selfish and unworthy of all the nice things I have in my life, because dispite all the love and friendship and abundance I have, I'm in a mood and I'm being a cow to my nearest and dearest. 

But I know, because I've learned to analyse my moods and behaviour (mainly through EFT practice)  I know deep down I'm feeling like this because: 


I'm scared and I'm letting my ego or my human personality lead the way in my thinking. 

I'm not letting myself feel supported by something bigger than me (the universe, source, God) because my ego is in fear mode, trying to keep me safe. It's telling me to give up. 


I have one week left at work then I'm all alone. I'm leaving a secure job which pays well to do something that I haven't even figured out yet. What the actual f***?!

And so I'm scared. 

But I know this wobble won't last forever. And the fact that I'm writing about it gives it less power, and the more I write, the more I know I'm doing the right thing. 

I'm facing this wobble head on. 


Had it not been for all of my EFT practice, friends, my mentor and other spiritual practices I've learned about on the way, I'd probably have no clue what was wrong with me, and would think I was just being miserable, because I'm a miserable person. That's what I used to belive anyway. 

I'd smoke and drink to feel better. I'd cry and cry and cry. I'd mope about and feel sorry for myself. I'd beat myself up for not being grateful. I'd think I was a bad person. 

Wobbles are part of the process. Bad days, doubts and fears are all there to remind us we are human, but do we find the strength and courage to carry on? Of course we do!

So to all of us having wobbles out there. It's our egos/personalities way of keeping us safe and stuck. There's nothing wrong with us - don't listen to the mind monkey!

Shake it off and tell your fear... "thank you for looking out for me, I'm grateful that you're trying to keep me safe, but it's ok. I've got this. I'm going to be careful, I'm going to be brave." 

Then tell yourself... this is just fear, I'm letting my ego based fear get the better of me. It's all going to work out OK because I'm following my heart, my soul, my light. I'm doing what lights me up and just because that's different from everyone else, doesn't mean it's wrong or bad or that I'm doomed! 

Love, light and dreams!! 
Kathy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment