Friday 4 September 2015

So it's not working....




So it's not working.

I felt compelled to write this after speaking to a friend, she expressed her frustration at not "getting results" from the whole positive thinking thing.

Having felt the same frustration many times over the past few years, I felt perfectly placed to explain to her why and give her some advice. But I couldn't quite articulate what I wanted to say (happens a lot that!) but it came to me late one night and I decided to write it down. Quite possibly this happened on purpose, because now I have it to share with you too.

If you've been feeling frustrated with positive thinking or law of attraction then hopefully the two things I have to explain will help.

Firstly momentum.
Secondly humanness.


So if you've started using affirmations or law of attraction you may find that it's just not working or stuff isn't changing or happening quite as quickly as you'd like.

You're not alone. This happens to everyone. The frustration, annoyance and disappointment. "It's just not happening for me, maybe I'm not doing it right or I'm not good enough." 

All normal. 

The first reason for this is momentum.  You see at some point in the past, you created your reality as it is now. Either by default (mindless going thorough life) or by negative patterns of behaviour and thinking.  

What you're getting now is what you either indirectly or directly 'asked' for. (Law of attraction works positively and negatively)

So it takes some time for your momentum to slow down and adapt and change to the new direction. The new thinking takes some time to gain new momentum.


To get past this obstacle all you need is patience and determination. 

If you've committed to change,  it's on its way. Keep doing what you're doing. Your momentum will pick up before your eyes. Check out anything by Ester and Jerry Hicks - they rock. 

Secondly. Humanness.

No matter how positively you think, how much you apply law of attraction, no matter how much you meditate, you are a soul in a human body, experiencing human emotions, facing human challenges in a human world of other humans. Humanness will get you from time to time.

Accepting that you're here to learn human lessons is a good thing!

It's how we react to the humanness of the world that will project us forward. And this is the shit part.

We need patience, unconditional love, kindness, oneness, peacefulness, empathy, consideration, LOVE to get us through these human experiences and sometimes, these kinds of qualities are hard to muster up.  

THAT'S OK. 

No ones perfect. I'm certainly not. Not even close to perfect.

It takes patience and resilience.

Without my tribe of like minded friends I would have given up a million times.  It's been their continued support and encouragement that's helped me along my journey in accepting that we all have shit days, wobbles and periods of thinking that nothing is going to work for us.

I've also invested a lot on myself and I believe some of the energetic clearing I've had done has had a major impact on me. There's been EFT, EmoTrance, Reiki, theta healing and spiritual clearing. I certainly don't think everyone needs all the stuff I've had - I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to stuff like that - haha!

Be kind to yourself. Seek some support from like minded friends! Invest in yourself. Remember momentum. Remember you're in a human body in a human world - most of all: let LOVE lead the way. 

Love yourself, love others, love the moment. 


Like this? Please share! 

Visit my website www.kathrynpearson.co.uk

Like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/kathrynpearsoneft

Follow me on Instagram @kathrynpearson_eftandwellness

Email me info@kathrynpearson.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment